Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired

The last couple of weeks have been a struggle with a cold and what I believe to be a sinus infection. The first 3 or 4 days were rather rough, then I started becoming coherent again. I thought it would all be over within a couple more days. I figured I would just take it easy, no biking or hiking, get plenty of rest, and this will be knocked out soon enough. Days and days have now passed, and the lingering sinus and general tiredness have not really improved. Been trying natural and homeopathic treatments, but nothing seems to be bringing much relief. As much as I believe in the body's natural ability to heal itself and faith in natural resources, I am about to give in and go to the doctor. I'm sure I will end up getting a round of antibiotics if I go. As much as I hear about how bad our overuse of antibiotics is, there comes a point where you just want to feel better. I know they are over-prescribed, often not even for a bacterial infection, and they can lead to a built up intolerance to infections in the future.
It has been discouraging not having the energy to do anything active. It has been about 2 weeks without riding the bike, and I am just about at the breaking point for that. To top it off, we have about 3 or 4 days of cold, rainy weather in the forecast, so I'll probably be stuck at least until next week. Can't wait.

No comments: